Ad BlockersPosted by Darthatheri July 16, 2018
DeathTourney.com is an ad-free site. We do not display advertisements on our domain to maintain a better experience for our visitors. We do run code on our site that generates a false positive in ad-block software. Exempting our domain in your ad-blocking software will provide you the best experience while viewing our site and provide you with the all the functionality we intended.
Adblock Plus (Web)
1. Open a web browser with Adblock plus installed. If you have Adblock Plus, that means you’re using Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
2. Go to a https://www.deathtourney.com/home/
3. Click on the Adblock Plus icon. This will cause AdBlock’s current status to display. The icon is a red octagon containing the letters “ABP”. Depending on the browser you’re using, the icon will be located in slightly different places. On Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, the icon is located to the right of your address bar at the top of your browser window. On Safari, the icon is located to the left of your address bar at the top of the browser window.
4. Click “Enabled on this site.” You’ll see the text change to “Disabled on this site,” allowing our site to run on the DeathTourney domain page. In Chrome, if the Adblock Plus icon doesn’t show up next to your address bar, go to chrome://extensions/ in your address bar, click on “Options” next to Adblock Plus, click on the “Whitelisted domains” tab, type “deathtourney.com/” into the top text field and click “Add domain.”
1. Open a web browser with Adblock installed.
2. Go to https://www.deathtourney.com/home/ webpage.
3. Click on the Adblock icon. This will cause AdBlock’s current status to display. The icon is a red octagon containing a white palm. Depending on the browser you’re using, the icon will be located in slightly different places. On Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, the icon is located to the right of your address bar at the top of your browser window. On Safari, the icon is located to the left of your address bar at the top of the browser window.
4. Click “Don’t run on pages on this domain.” A new window will open, asking you to confirm what webpages you would like to be allowed to run. Make sure the window you’re doing this in has deathtourney.com open. On Mozilla Firefox, all you have to do here is click “disable on deathtourney.com” in the menu that appears.
5. Click and drag both sliders to the far left. The menu that appears will attempt to understand the range that you’d like to disable Adblock on more accurately. You want it to say “www.deathtourney.com/*”.
6. Click “Exclude” at the bottom-right corner of the window. This will disable AdBlock solely on pages with the www.deathtourney.com/ domain name.
Adblock Plus (Mobile)
1. Open the Adblock Plus app. This method works on both Android and iOS
2. Tap the x at the bottom of the screen. You may land on a page that offers to show you how to use Adblock. If this happens, exit the page so that you are on the app’s main menu.
3. Tap “Whitelisted Websites.” You’ll be brought to a menu that allows you to enter the names of websites that you’d like to allow to fully load.
4. Type “deathtourney.com” into the box under “Add Website to Whitelist.” You’ll need to tap on the box first to do this.
5. Tap the “+” button on the right side of this box. DeathTourney will now be allowed to fully load on your mobile browser!
1. Open a web browser with uBlock Origin installed. This method works with both uBlock Origin and uBlock Origin+.
2. Go to a https://www.deathtourney.com/home/ webpage.
3. Click on the uBlock Origin icon. This will cause uBlock Origin’s current status to display. The icon is a maroon shield containing the letters “UO,” and will be next to your address bar. If you don’t see the icon, you’ll need to navigate to your browser’s plugins/extensions and click on the icon when it appears there.
4. Click on the blue power button. This will disable the uBlock Origin on deathtourney.com, and add it to the app’s whitelist.
1. Open any web browser. Unlike many other ad blocking software, AdGuard is installed directly to your computer – rather than to a specific web browser, meaning that it will operate on all web browsers on your computer once activated.
2. Go to https://www.deathtourney.com/home/ (Once you whitelist deathtourney.com on one browser, AdGuard will apply the change across all web browsers installed on your computer.
3. Click the AdGuard icon. The icon displays in the bottom-right corner of your browser window as a green shield with a checkmark inside it. The icon will be partially transparent until your mouse hovers over it. If you have other ad blockers active whose icons also display in the bottom-right corner of your screen, they may show up on top of the AdGuard icon, meaning that you’ll have to close them in order to toggle the AdGuard’s settings.
4. Click “Add Exception” in the window that appears. When you do, you’ll be brought to a new menu asking you to specify the type of exception you’d like to make for DeathTourney on AdGuard.
5. Make sure that the “Entire Site” radio button is selected. This setting indicates that all pages on deathtourney.com (rather than just on the main page) will be allowed to fully load.
6. Click the “Add Exception” button. This will confirm DeathTourney’s addition to AdGuard’s whitelist. The page will reload with the new setting saved!
1. Open a browser that has Ghostery installed.
2. Go to https://www.deathtourney.com/home/ in your browser. Ghostery only tracks data on pages that use an http or https connection, so you’ll want to be on the DeathTourney homepage to whitelist it.
3. Click on the Ghostery icon. In all browsers other than Safari, it’ll default to showing up to the right of the address bar. On Safari, it’ll default to the left of this bar.
4. Click “Trust Site.” This will allow DeathTourney and all pages under that domain name to fully load.
1. Open a browser with Disconnect installed. This method works on any browser using the software.
2. Go to https://www.deathtourney.com/home/
3. Click on the Disconnect icon. The icon is a capital D with its bottom-left corner removed, and it defaults to showing up on the right side of your address bar – unless you’re using Safari, in which case it shows up on the left side of your address bar.
4. Click “Whitelist Site” at the bottom of the Disconnect menu. This will allow deathtourney.com – but no other sites – to run be exempted while you’re browsing.
1. Open a web browser with HTTPS Everywhere installed. This method only works on Google Chrome.
2. Go to https://www.deathtourney.com
3. Click on the HTTPS Everywhere icon. This will allow you to view a list of options. The icon is a blue square containing the letter “S,” and will be to the right of your address bar. If you don’t see the icon, that’s because it’s hidden and you’ll need to add it manually: Click on the menu bar, which is the three dots (or three horizontal lines on older versions of Chrome) to the right of your address bar. Click on the HTTPS Everywhere extension. It’ll now display next to your address bar.
4. Uncheck the “Enable HTTPS Everywhere” box. The plugin will be disabled on deathtourney.com
1. Open the 1Blocker app. From your home screen, tap on the app’s icon once to open it.
2. Tap on the “Whitelist” link. It’s located in the section called “Configurable,” and will allow you to add the names of sites you trust.
3. Tap the text field under the “Domain” heading. A cursor will display.
4. Type “deathtourney.com” into the text field. Exclude the quotation marks.
5. Tap “Save” in the upper-right corner of the screen. DeathTourney will be added to your whitelist.